VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
New Years at The Brian Waddington Hut 2016 · Fri. Dec. 25th - Mon. Jan. 4th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Dec. 25th
End: Monday, Jan. 4th
Continuing the tradition of past years, a VOC group will be heading to Brian Waddington Hut over New Years. The days are short and cold, but the skiing is excellent and the hut is warm and friendly (note: warm if you have lots of your friends with you)!
(P: Nathan Starzynski)
This trip is a loosely organized, with small groups do their own objectives for the day and choosing the length of their stay. Each group needs to be self-sufficient (both while at the hut and getting to the hut) and comfortable making their own decisions. AST-1 or equivalent is highly recommended. The terrain at the hut and this trip itself isn't beginner friendly, although beginners are welcome if they make arrangements to have someone help lead them. The dates are subject to change (due to people deciding what is best for them), but give a general idea of this high-use time. Wiki Sign up here More information on the hut is here.
(P: Caroline Jung)
In the past, this trip has filled the hut and some have brought tents to sleep outside, where there is less snoring, farting, and people. For other groups, the hut will be filled with VOCers, as will the area. This is the outdoors, however, and nobody will keep another party from being there. While we do have a "there's always room for one more" policy on the hut, we do not take any reservations (read: it might be a good idea to consider bringing a tent, space is first-come, first-served). By signing up on the wiki, you help give everyone an idea of what to expect. If you are trying to find a quiet, relaxing, empty place to spend New Years, this is probably not the place for you.