VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Workhike - Skins and other skis stuff repair night - (No experience required) · Wednesday, January 13th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Jan. 13th, 4:00 pm
The basic idea is we check all the skins for all the skis, if they suck we fix em. We will start with the tall rack. Time and more details TBA. Maybe people can bring useful repair equipment? Celebrate at Koerner pub after :)
I think our ideal group size is ten, but we can be quite flexible. This will be a great oppurtunity to learn new ski repair skills.
The start time is quite flexible, just let me know what time you are coming. I don't imagine us staying past 10pm. Feel free to text me at the time to see if we still need help.
Mainly, I think we will do a lot of re-gluing. Does anyone have experience with this? Does it work well? What are the tips and tricks? Is it amenable to an assembly line? I imagein at least a quarter of the skis need to be reglued (about 20 skis). From what I understand you have to remove the old glue, then apply new glue and somewhere in the process it smells really bad. Irons are apparently also involved. I think
Lots of the skins also have other issues. (too short, too long, bad glue, bad connecty-tail-thing)
After we are done, we can all go celebrate at Koerners pub!