Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Telemark Ski School 2016 · Sunday, January 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Jake Jones
Start: Sunday, Jan. 24th, 10:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 19th, 7:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: ESB 2012Description:
CHANGED DATE to Sunday 24th due to postponed Winter Long Hike to Sat 23rd!!!
Wish that you had a chance to learn how to tele ski in a controlled environment, with a teacher and without a giant pack on your back? Do you know the basics but want to hone those mad skills with the help of someone who can *actually* ski? Do you want a chance to show off your beautiful style while imparting knowledge to others?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions than the VOC Tele-School is the trip for you! This will be a one day instructional even held at the Seymour Mountain resort on the North Shore. Groups will be organized with a teacher based on skill levels. These groups will include, 1) 'I have never skied before', 2) 'I can downhill ski, but dont understand how to bend my knees', 3) 'I know the basics but would like to be better', and 4) 'I am an awesome skier and shouldn't be at school'.
MEET UP at 10am by Seymour Guest Services!
The tickets will be $57 - a bargain for a full day of skiing with 4:1 instruction! Plus it's super easy to transit to N. Shore.
We will meet at the Guest Services by the Upper Parking lot at 9:45am.
We will also hopefully be offering discount tickets for people who just want to do some cheaper skiing on Seymour that day.
INSTRUCTORS NEEDED!!! If happy to instruct please sign up on the wiki: http://www.ubc-voc.com/wiki/Tele_School_2016.
Here's the instructor messageboard: http://www.ubc-voc.com/phorum5/read.php?3,115628
Posted: 2015-12-07 17:51:04
Last modified: 2016-01-22 11:37:07