VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Lions Hike · Sunday, September 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Sep. 18th, 8:40 am
End: Sunday, Sep. 18th, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Friday, Sep. 16th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
We will hike the West Lion in a day. It is transit accessible. .
This is a beginner friendly hike, and should make a great first trip for any inexperienced new members! While no experience is required, it is quite long so a good degree of fitness will be vital! You don't need to be an ultramarathon runner, but if all you've ever done before now is play video games this may not be the best first hike. Take a look at the wiki and external pages I linked to for more information about the hike.
We will drive / bus to the trailhead in lions bay, this will take about 2 hours. From there it is a 15 km hike with 1280 m of elevation gain, and should take us around 7-8 hours. We should see some snow, but not enough to make things difficult. It's a great view of Vancouver from the top too.
We will cover exactly what is required and work out logistics at the pre trip meeting, but no technical gear is needed other than a decent pair of hiking boots. If you can't make the pre-trip meeting that doesn't mean you can't come, just send me an email.