VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Mt Seymour Saturday, March 19 (boots) · Saturday, March 19th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 19th
As usual when we don't have anything better planned and the weather's looking OK, our thoughts turn to the local mountains. Not too much driving. Cheap, like the birdies say. Our plan is to leave Vancouver early enough to arrive at the Seymour parking lot around 9 am, then hike up to the first peak, or wherever we decide we have had enough. You would need boots and a lunch, a jacket, mitts, a hat, and sun glasses. We will be home in time for an afternoon nap. We have room for three people in the car besides ourselves. If you want to be one of them, email me. The first three get the seats, unless you are trying to make me drive to Coquitlam or something. I won't do that.
If you feel that you are under-equipped for this sort of an expedition, beware that avalanche gear, snowshoes, skis, ropes, etc, are NOT required. A camera might be good.
Note that this trip does not include a pre-trip meeting. If you have any questions or quibbles, email me.