VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
General Meeting: Vote to Update Constitution · Thursday, October 13th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Oct. 13th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Rock Party Pre-trip meeting
VOC General Meeting at Rock Party Pre-trip to Update Constitution: Thursday, October 13th at 6:00 PM
The purpose of this meeting is to make changes to our constitution while we have achieved quorum because it contains elements that are out-dated.
Additionally, we must have our AGM earlier in the year, which must be reflected in our Constitution (i.e. change the date from April to early March)
While we are making this change, we can also update out-dated descriptions of different types of memberships and descriptions of tasks certain exec members undertake. Thank you for your attendance and voting.
Here is a summary of the proposed changes:
1. Change the date of the AGM from April to March in Bylaw 2. This is a requirement from the AMS, as we need to have elections earlier each year.
2. Currently one of the Vice President's roles is to be "the VOC’s alternate Booking Officer." This is no longer accurate and I propose we remove this clause. (Bylaw 5)
3. Currently the constitution states that the secretary is to "Be responsible for all mail correspondence, collecting mail, and ensuring that it is answered or otherwise dealt with in a timely manner." This is now the job of the treasurer, so I propose we switch this role from the secretary to the treasurer. (Bylaw 5)
4. Add a clause for the Climbing Wall Coordinator to reflect that we now have the Aviary that states that the climbing wall coordinator "Appoints and manages the climbing wall committee to operate the wall". (Bylaw 5)
5. Lastly, in Bylaw 11, it states that "Regular General Meetings are suspended over the Summer Term." and I propose we change this to "Regular General Meetings are reduced in frequency or optionally suspended over the Summer Term."