VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
MEC Clubs Night · Tuesday, November 8th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Nov. 8th
A couple of times a year MEC invites the VOC and the ACC out to buy gear at a discount. You can buy pretty much anything you like, even clearance stuff, and get an additional 10% off.
This is THE time to stock up on Ritter Sport bars. MEC has some of the cheapest prices around on them to begin with and an additional 10% off makes them pretty much unbeatable.
If you figure that we're launching into about 6 months of ski season, with around of four weekends per month, and two Ritter Sport bars required person per weekend, then you'll find yourself requiring about 48 Ritter Sport bars before the climbing season ruins everyone's fun in the mountains. Ritter Sport bars normally go for $2.30/bar, so by stocking up at clubs night, you'll save yourself OVER $12. AFTER TAX!
Also, I guess you can buy skis, boots, sleeping bags and warm stuff too while you're there.
Signup is currently slated to end a week before the event so that MEC knows how many people are coming. The event will likely start at 7pm (this will be updated closer to the date) and there will be a couple of work hike opportunities for people to tick names off the list at the door. You MUST sign up if you want to come. You cannot just show up the evening of.
UPDATE: This event runs from 7-9pm.