VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Feuerzangenbowle Snowshoe/Skiing Trip to Brew Hut (Beginner Friendly) · Sat. Dec. 3rd - Sun. Dec. 4th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Dec. 3rd
End: Sunday, Dec. 4th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Nov. 30th
Pre-trip meeting location: Club Room, 6pm
I'll take up Conrad's trip of last year. We'll be heading up for a relaxing weekend to Brew Hut. Take snowshoes or skis, whatever you like, if you ski you should have skiied before though!!! Up at the hut we're gonna make it comfy, turn on the oven, and enjoy the evening with some music and the magic of Feuerzangenbowle.
The hut sleeps 16 people so the record is 20 I think. Depending on the snow conditions and we'll check if we can take a snow cat up the road which will safe us 7km of snowshoeing/skinning. The snow cat will be ~$20pp.
More details will be available close to the date.