VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Burns n' Turns 2017 · Sat. Jan. 28th - Sun. Jan. 29th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jan. 28th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Jan. 29th, 11:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 24th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: BUCH D322
Ae ye laddies an bonnie lassies!
Git ye kilts pressed!
Oh ye 28th of January! Commeth the Robbie Burns night for VOC
We’ll be a feastin’ a drinkin an a sing'n o'er the snow, ‘neath the sky
Thee’ll be haggis! An whiskey!
Heid doon arse up! Git yerrself aloong
(picture, a scotsmans ode to the haggis 2015)
We'll have big shared feast, with traditional scotish robby burns night odes and replies. We'll also remember our VOC mates Neil, Steph and Elena who died in the mountains. Neil started the Burns n' Turns VOC tradition in 2014.
It'll be at Elfin Lakes, where we'll camp at the campground and feast in the day-use campsite shelter.
NB: This is a different shelter to the "elfin lakes shelter" - the warmed hut, which will be full of people.
The hut nearby is full! so everyone must camp in the snow.
We need musicians! and poets! and cooks and punch/gluveine makers and porters for the festivities.
We’ll be skiing to get there! Or if ye a fanny ye cann snoeshoe
We’ll divide into groups, each with a range of abilities. If you have experience you’ll be helping those without.
Skiers - must be experienced at downhill skiing or have at least done a long ski touring trip
Yer aywis at the coo’s tail. Sign yersself up.