VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
New Years at Phelix Hut · Thu. Dec. 22nd - Tue. Jan. 3rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Dec. 22nd, 5:00 am
End: Tuesday, Jan. 3rd, 5:00 pm
Continuing the tradition of past years, a VOC group will be heading to Brian Waddington Hut over New Years. The days are short and cold, but the skiing is excellent and the hut is warm and friendly (note: warm if you have lots of your friends with you)!
(Photo Nathan S.)
This trip does not use the signup tool. In previous years, people often are at the hut between Christmas to New Years. This page is useful between those dates. Length of your stay is optional.
Signup on wiki here
Small groups create their own objectives, choose the length of their stay, and plan things accordingly. Signup and drivers is via wiki. If you don’t have an account, please create one, then click on edit page and add your name to the dates you are going. Please specify if you will be staying in the hut or a tent.
While we do try to accommodate everyone in the hut, it can get a bit crowded and crazy at the end of the day and in the evening! Therefore, if you want quiet, we recommend you bring a tent. A tent is always good to bring if you are not sure. The hut will be full of VOCers as well as other guests. Please be respectful of everyone.
The skiing terrain around Phelix Hut is intermediate to advanced. While everyone is welcome, please make sure you have communicated well with your group if you are a beginner. Each group needs to be self sufficient (both while getting to the hut and while at the hut) and comfortable making their own decisions. AST-1 or equivalent is recommended.
See you there and Happy Holidays everyone!
For further information on the hut look here