VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Constitutional Change Vote · Thursday, January 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Jan. 12th, 7:00 pm
We will once again try to achieve quorum and vote on the minor constitutional changes on Thursday, January 12th at 7:00 PM during the winter social.
See current constitution here.
Location: Winter Social, VOC Clubroom
Here is a summary of the proposed changes:
1. Change the date of the AGM from April to March in Bylaw 2. This is a requirement from the AMS, as we need to have elections earlier each year.
2. Currently one of the Vice President's roles is to be "the VOC’s alternate Booking Officer." This is no longer accurate and I propose we remove this clause. (Bylaw 5)
3. Currently the constitution states that the secretary is to "Be responsible for all mail correspondence, collecting mail, and ensuring that it is answered or otherwise dealt with in a timely manner." This is now the job of the treasurer, so I propose we switch this role from the secretary to the treasurer. (Bylaw 5)
4. Add a clause for the Climbing Wall Coordinator to reflect that we now have the Aviary that states that the climbing wall coordinator "Appoints and manages the climbing wall committee to operate the wall". (Bylaw 5)
5. Lastly, in Bylaw 11, it states that "Regular General Meetings are suspended over the Summer Term." and I propose we change this to "Regular General Meetings are reduced in frequency or optionally suspended over the Summer Term."
Modest changes that just need to get sorted. Thanks!