VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
VOC Hosts VIMFF: Climbing Show and Fundraiser · Wednesday, February 15th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Feb. 15th, 6:30 pm
VIMFF is excited to bring shows to the UBC Campus. A show dedicated to climbing mountains, rock and ice.
In the 1960s, a group of young Vancouver-based climbers dominated the mountaineering scene in the Coast Mountains. Dick and Glenn were two at the forefront of exploration and first ascents.
Tickets available on the VIMFF website or at the door if not sold out.
Cost: $15 with VOC disocunt code (check message board for code)
Films: We have a wonderful film selection for you this night!
1. Jungfrau Marathon (10 minutes)
2. 45 minute presentation by Glenn Woodsworth and Dick Culbert
3. The Pommish Invasion: the Candlestick (6 minutes)
4. NOW (8 minutes)
5. Mirror Wall (44 minutes)
The VOC's portion of proceeds will go towards the Neil Mackenzie Memorial Grant, Avalanche Canada and Search and Rescue.
Check out the facebook page for this event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1032525313526103/