VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Maybe Beginner-friendly Day trip: Backcountry hopefully powpow skiing , Maybe Paul Ridge · Saturday, December 10th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Dec. 10th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Dec. 7th, 6:30 pm
I have a 4 day break before my last exam, so I'm going to take one of those days off.
Plan is to go yoyo skiing somewhere, probably Elfin lakes/paul ridge.
If you are a beginner, the following are rather recommended...so please take the initiative to do the first two for sure.
-Take a look at the online avalanche course: [url=http://www.avalanche.ca/cac/training/online-course]Online avi course[/url]
-Attend a beacon search practice (check them out on the agenda (there's one right after the Jared Stanley Lecture))
Trip is tentative on weather.
What to bring-(VERY IMPORTANT).
Post on the message board for questions.
Edit: Trip is now being run by Katherine, who wants to get people to ski which is awesome of her.