VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Weekday evening skinning at Cypress · Thursday, April 27th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Apr. 27th, 6:00 pm
End: Thursday, Apr. 27th, 9:00 pm
Cypress ski area is closed for the season, but I reckon there's still lots of snow up there!
Who is interested in an evening lap up and down the mountain?
Leaving UBC around 6PM, starting to skin up the closed resort's slopes around 7PM, catching the sunset from the top of Strachan and then zipping back down the ski runs to the car.
No pre-trip meetings, and this is only happening if it's not raining up there. I reckon the probability of avalanches is low, but out of an abundance of caution we will still bring our beacon/shovel/probes, and of course headlamps!
Sign-up as interested if that describes you well (sign-up closes Wednesday 9PM), and we'll confirm participants the day before, once we know the weather forecast.
All ski abilities welcome!