VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Annual Early Season Ski Trip to Brew · Sat. Nov. 12th - Sun. Nov. 13th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Nov. 12th
End: Sunday, Nov. 13th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Nov. 9th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: clubroom
Every year we struggle up to the Brew Hut to try out skiing before the snow gets too deep and hence it becomes really far to get there.
This should be a trip in the classic VOC skiing style - a bunch of keen VOCers, never having been on tele skis before, will tough their way up to the hut and discover that (despite the suffering) they really love the mountains in winter. Exchange students who've never seen snow before are ideal, and this is probably the best place to start if you want to be skiing across the Garibaldi Neve this spring (this, or one of Roland's Red Heather trips...).
Please *read the wiki* for more information on what you'll need to survive. Any questions should be posted on the Message Board for the benefit of all.