VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Halloween Skiing under the Tusk (29-30) · Sat. Oct. 29th - Sun. Oct. 30th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 29th
End: Sunday, Oct. 30th
Ok, not quite Halloween but for those not going climbing and interested in skiing on the 29th and 31st, feel free to sign up.
The location is Black Tusk, access via Helm Creek or Garibaldi Lake is yet to be decided.
This trip is tentative due to freezing level. If it's raining higher than 1900 meters and nobody signs up, it's a no go. The weather doesn't look that great but there may be some sunshine sunday.
If the weather lucks out, skiing under the scenic volcanic pillar of Black Tusk just before halloween would be fantastic. Those who were going up to Castle Towers early October can probably testify to the amount of snow up there still.
Costumes are optional but if the forecast is looking bad and people are still keen, candy and alcohol may be necessary.