VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Crevasse Rescue Practice · Friday, June 2nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jun. 2nd, 6:00 pm
Hello! Interested in brushing up your crevasse rescue skills for this upcoming summer season? Look no further! Save yourself the grief of getting wet out there this Friday and meet me outside the clubroom at 6pm. We'll get going at 6:15pm and look for spots around the Nest to practice setting up z-pulleys and 2:1 pulleys. Other pertinent skills can be discussed.
Equipment needed: harness, carabiners, slings, pulley, and prussiks. Glacier rope would be nice if you have it
Hopefully you can be one of those people up top and know what they're doing!