Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Climbing in Washington Pass · Fri. Jul. 21st - Sun. Jul. 23rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Matteo Agnoloni
Start: Friday, Jul. 21st, 5:00 pm
End: Sunday, Jul. 23rd, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Jul. 18th, 5:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club RoomDescription:
*description shamlessly stolen from Nick Hindley*
Important: This trip involves technical climbing. As such, trad AND multi-pitch experience is required. Only climb within your skill level, and be safe :)
Let's go ring the Liberty Bell! Washington Pass has a lot to offer, so I'd like to try and bag a couple of peaks in the area over the weekend.
^ How could you say no to that? Some possible objectives are: Liberty Bell, Lexington Tower, Concord Tower, Cutthroat Peak... with a lot of different route options up each. Hoping to leave Friday night and get two solid days of climbing in. It's best if we can have climbing partners sorted out prior to the pre-trip (ie. convince a friend to sign up with you), but if you have no friends, that's ok; hopefully there will be someone else of a similar skill/ ambitiousness level to you who you can climb with. The message board thread is a good place to find climbing friends.
Since many of us will split off and do our own routes during the day, it would be nice if we could all camp together. I'd like to stay at a campsite nearby, and familiarize myself with the many beverage options that grocery stores have to offer in the U S of A. You may get sign-up priority if you are over 21, for no apparent reason.
Once again, only sign-up if this is within your skill level, I don't want to have to turn people away. DISCLAIMER: Risks may include rock fall, human fall, close encounters with Trump supporters, serious injury, over-excitement, or death.
Feel free to email me or discuss on the message board if you have any questions.
Posted: 2017-06-15 19:17:07
Last modified: 2017-07-14 23:13:09