VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Ice Climbing Coleman Glacier Seracs · Sat. Aug. 5th - Sun. Aug. 6th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Warmer Weather Safety Issue!
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 5th
End: Sunday, Aug. 6th
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom Couches
Saw a recent trip to the Coleman glacier for some ice climbing along the seracs that looked like a great time, so I'm hoping to get out and swing some tools
I've heard you can set up a toprope, or I can lead up something lower angle. Would be good to get some practice in this summer.
Novices are okay as long as we have enough people that have some amount of experience.
We'll head up Friday night or Saturday morning and hike up Heliotrope to the Coleman lookout, camp at the site near the glacier and do some climbing for the rest of the weekend!