VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[workhike] Phelix Hut · Fri. Aug. 4th - Mon. Aug. 7th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Aug. 4th, 8:00 am
End: Monday, Aug. 7th, 6:00 pm
Since Jeff can only take 12 up to Phelix this weekend. I will be running a second trip as a workhike.
Goals for the workhike:
- Brush out the road (in particular the areas around the bridges)
- Brush out the cutblock if needed
- Do a survey of long lake outlet for a future bridge plan
- Rebuild the trail up to the Hut with Geogrid.
- Install the closer on the hut door
- Clean and inventory the cabinets of the hut.
- Fix the step to the porch
We would leave late Friday morning and return Monday evening. Since this is a workhike travel expense will be covered by the VOC.