VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Exodus and Outrigger Peak climb · Sat. Aug. 26th - Sun. Aug. 27th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 26th, 4:00 am
End: Sunday, Aug. 27th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Message Board/ Email
The goal is to peak bag in the Elaho Valley up near Pemberton. The aim is 2 different peaks, Exodus and Outrigger . These peaks only have a small amount of online info and it doesnt seem like they are climbed very many times per season.
This will require mountaineering experience and long days up to 10-12 hours on the feet. Crevase rescue gear, crampons, Ice axe, and possibly snow shoes (Yet to be determined) are required.
Day one (26th) we will be driving up to Elaho Valley and climbing up Exodus hopefully starting at 7:30 from the base if we can leave Vancouver from around 4:00 or possibly earlier. Exodus involves glacier travel and snow climbing along a ridge. The next day the goal will be Outrigger peak close by in which is also snow climbing.
Everyone should have the ten essistentials, general mountaineering gear, and camping gear can be coordinated on the message board. Everyone should be comfortable with glacier travel, snow climbing, and long days.
Here are links to trips other people have made up Exodus and Outrigger during late June and early july. The most recent trip report for Outrigger peak I could find on the Internet was from 2011.