VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Ring & Conflict Lakes Day Trip (Beginner Friendly - Moderate Pace) · Sunday, October 15th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Last - minute family commitment
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Oct. 15th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Oct. 15th, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Oct. 12th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom MAP
Photo from Callaghancountry
Ring & Conflict Lakes are located in the Callaghan Provincial Park, just south of Whistler. This is a beautiful meadowy area that has picturesque valleys, streams, creeks, rivers, waterfalls, and views of the surrounding mountains. This hike is 20 km and 420 m of elevation gain.Therefore, it will be a fairly flat hike but still expect a long day (depending on our pace). Drive will be approx. 2 hours each way.
Follow weather conditions here:
Look at the VOC day-trip recommended packing list here