VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Wedgemount Lake Day Hike! · Saturday, October 7th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Weather Dependent
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 7th, 7:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 4th, 6:15 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Outside Club Room (Nest)
One more hiking trip before the gloom and doom of both winter and midterms sets in.
A trip for hikers with some experience, Wedgemount Lake is a 14km round trip, and a steep hike through a series of switchbacks up to a glacial lake. It's not a very technical trail, although there is a section with a scramble, and it's a full day hike. Definitely a difficult hike, but with some beautiful scenery at the top!
Marking this as tentative, based on the weather. If the forecast looks like rain by the pre-trip meeting, it will likely be cancelled.
I have one car, seating 5 people, and more are very welcome to come if we have more drivers!