VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Halloweekend at Phelix hut (Beginner Friendly) · Sat. Oct. 28th - Sun. Oct. 29th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 28th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Oct. 29th, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 25th, 5:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
Come have fun with fellow adventurers at Phelix hut for this year's halloweekend! Costumes are mandatory (bonus points for lord of the rings themed attire).
We will most likely need snowshoes to reach the hut, and will probably have to hike up the majority of the logging road... So expect a 5-6 hour hike in (about 10 km)! We will bring some avalanche safety gear for practice at the hut (we will not actually be entering avalanche terrain).
We may do a desert potluck of some kind --> more details at pretrip