VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Dam Mountain Sunday, November 5th, Intermediate friendly hike · Sunday, November 5th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Nov. 5th, 9:00 am
Sugar covered mountains calling us to explore them.
I would like to meet around 10 am at the trailhead(easy to get there by bus), hike up to Grouse mountain chalet through BCMC trail, change the wet clothes and continue for more snow and better views to Dam mountain, potentially build a snowman, get back to the chalet and take a gondola down(10 km 1100m of elevation gain) or options is also continue hiking all the way down.
It´s also possible to join just to the part of this hike... for example hike up just BCMC and finish by gondola or buy a ticket for gondola up and down(40$) and hike up just Dam mountain.
In every case conditions will be slippery, wet and icy. Recommend to bring poles/gaiters and spikes. Weather forecast is saying semi-cloudy temperature ~ -3°C and some breeze.