VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Phelix New Years · Thu. Dec. 28th - Tue. Jan. 2nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Dec. 28th, 6:00 am
End: Tuesday, Jan. 2nd, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Dec. 20th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Its that time of year again! Who's stoked to start 2018 on a great note by skiing, drinking questionable whiskey, and having a good time with friends?!?
Note: Many VOCers use the hut between Christmas and New Years. If you want to head up outside of the organized group, please sign up, post your intended nights and whether you are planning to stay in the hut or a tent.
We will finalize the dates and plan for the organized trip at the pre-trip meeting.
Must be able to ski/board blue runs confidently and know how to use your setup for climbing. Avalanche gear (Probe, shovel, transceiver) and knowledge on how to use it is mandatory.
AST 1 is strongly recommended. If you don't have it, you must email the trip leader before signing up.
Before signing up please make sure your emergency contact information is filled out on your user profile! Do so here: http://www.ubc-voc.com/members/edit_emergencyinfo
Things to Bring:
- Avalanche gear (probe, beacon, shovel)
- Warm clothes - the hut has no heater/woodstove
- Snacks to share for New Years
- Your favorite beverage(s)
Check out the gear list for specifics.