VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Weekend At Lizzies [Sustained High Output] · Fri. Jan. 12th - Sun. Jan. 14th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Terrible avvy conditions & Nerve compression in my foot
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jan. 12th, 5:00 am
End: Sunday, Jan. 14th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Email Faff
Lizzie cabin is pretty rad, who doesn't like drafty old log cabins and massive pack rats staring into your soul as you try to sleep? Oh, and the skiing looks pretty sick if Mr. Baldwin is to be believed. Let's head up for the weekend, explore, and try to avoid giardia.
It's an 8 hour trip in/out, minimum, with a couple km of mild bush-bashing, so I'd like to leave very early Friday and make this a long weekend excursion. Really want to get in a solid day of skiing given the access commitment.
- Sustained Moderate->High Output Skinnin'.
- Comfortable navigating in challenging terrain.
- Prior experience winter camping/navigating in remote alpine backcountry.
I have no intention to shred the gnar, my primary goal is to roam off White Lupine if conditions work out, but "sick gnasty line" driven attendees are more than welcome.