VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Slideshow - Garibaldi Park Speed Traverse · Wednesday, March 7th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Mar. 7th, 7:00 pm
Last spring I linked the Wedge-Currie, Spearhead, McBride and Neve ski traverses to traverse all of Garibaldi Park - from Mt. Currie to Red Heather - solo in a 104 km, 8700 m, 30.3 h 'day'. But I didn't always know how to ski - in fact, when I joined the VOC a dozen years ago I didn't even know you are supposed to turn from side to side when going downhill!
Join me as I make up for a lack of photos (I was busy skiing!) by talking about motivation, training, equipment, route selection and hazard management. Don't worry - there will still be some visuals from training and reconnaissance trips, and geeking-out on GPS track data.
Note date change to Wednesday, March 7th, Buchanan A203, 7:00pm.