VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Outdoor triathlon at Buntzen lake · Saturday, August 25th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 25th, 7:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Aug. 22nd, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC club room
What to do on a sunny day in August? Swim, run, and bike of course!
This outdoor triathlon is not for the faint of heart and might require some training. A wonderful way to test your fitness at the end of the summer.
Start in the AM at the Buntzen trail head with a ~3 km swim across the length of Buntzen lake. Wetsuit mandatory. VOC rescue canoo?
Followed by a trail run on the Diez Vistas trail back to where you started your swim. The trail is about 10 km long and 500 m elevation gain/loss.
Then a ~40 km cycle home, mostly downhill or flat ground.
Logistics of this 'race' will be figured out closer to the day. This might be more like an "I did this" kind of event rather than a race for the fastest finisher. Relay teams are alowed if that makes the logistics easier and the stoke higher. You are responsible for your own safety, this is not a professionally organised trip and make sure that you are up for the challange! Medical aid is going to be limited.
We might want to car camp close to the trail the night before to optimize the use of the day. Ideal would be if we can use a pace car, some stations with water & snacks, and have the route flagged so all you have to deal with is completing the track. With the help of some volunteers, all your running and swimming gear can be transported to the city. There might be an $10 fee to sign up to pay for the logistics and the goodies, depending on the interest.