VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Soak, then Stoke (Hotspring/ski trip), AST1 Required · Fri. Mar. 9th - Sun. Mar. 11th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Mar. 9th, 4:00 pm
End: Sunday, Mar. 11th
Pre-trip meeting: Monday, Mar. 5th, 6:15 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Room
Do you like to Soak? Almost as much as you like to get stoked? If so, this trip is for you.
The plan is to head out to Skukumchuck hotsprings (5 hr drive) friday at 4pm leaving from UBC. Hotspringing is on the agenda for Friday night, and Saturday morning. After a late but organized start to saturday morning, Cars will begin driving towards Duffy lake road (2hr drive). We will proceed to one of 4 options for camping/hut trip: Option 1- Cayoosh Hut (super chill ski in) but will likely end up tent camping; Option 2- Keiths hut (relatively chill ski in) but will likely end up tent camping; Option 3- Rohr lake (little less chill ski in) and will definitely be tent camping; option 4- some yet to be discovered by me amazing place that somebody suggests we go to. The objective of Saturday will be to get to our camp/hut destination, and to ski if time permits. Sunday, The idea will be to ski until about 2:00 pm, and then we will head back to our cars. The drive back to Vancouver will take around 4.5 hrs.
This trip (at least the ski portion) will be weather and avalanche risk dependent. Due to the time sensitive nature of the trip, it will require winter camping experience, and good personal organization. We also will likely be travelling in avalanche terrain at some point, so AST1 will be required.
I would also like to limit the trip to three car groups. This will likely limit our group to 12 people. Drivers should have a comprehensive idea as to where they're driving to (will be discussed in pre-trip).