VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Build a snowcave on Mt Seymour · Sun. Feb. 11th - Mon. Feb. 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning: This is a tentative trip : If we get a troop together...
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Feb. 11th, 8:00 am
End: Monday, Feb. 12th, 6:00 pm
EDIT: just saw that basically the same trip happened last weekend already - chances are small that there are more goops like me who did not come across it, but in case you are one of these, consider this your -- second chance -- ! :)
I would like to go up on the long weekend to Mt Seymour and build a snowcave and sleep in it! I have done it only once before, 8 years ago with a friend in Norway, so am a bit of a rookie "trip leader" here.. if you a) are up for that, b) know better how to do it than myself c) you don't have any plans yet for the Sunday and Monday of the long weekend, then it'd be great to get a group of 2-6 people together, to build one or several snowcaves. (minimum one of these options should be checked...)
You should be an intermediate Tele/AT skier, cause we would go up to the Backcountry (not too far in...) of Mt Seymour, and have the gear that keeps you warm enough! :) We will need shovels as well, so maybe VOC has enough, else, they are not too expensive to buy.
It took us 4 hours to build the snowcave when I did it (with some breaks), so we would basically just go up and start diggin, before it gets dark. There is also the option of taking the lift up to the backcountry, if it so happens that we feel that is a better option...(i feel totally not opposed to that).
Again, the focus is on building, not too much on getting in crazy much skiing.
If this sounds any good to you, lemme know!
PS i have a car and live in east van.