VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Easter ski into Phelix Hut · Fri. Mar. 30th - Sun. Apr. 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Mar. 30th
End: Sunday, Apr. 1st
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Mar. 22nd, 4:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Outside club room
Heading up to Phelix Hut for the Easter long weekend.This is a Friday morning till Sunday night type of thing to make full use of the University holidays!
If we're lucky we can probably manage to burn all the wood that was flown up there!!!
REQUIREMENTS: AST1, Backcountry ski experience and necessary gear.
Friday: Skin in! It's a long way in and we might get some afternoon skiing in, but the earlier we get to the hut the more chances we'll have at sleeping in it.
Saturday: Climb something or ski something depending on Avi and weather conditions
Sunday: repeat Saturday and then ski out
Edit: location has been changed from Brew to Phelix and shortened by a day to appeal more to the masses.