VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
AST 1 Plus–Block A · Tue. Dec. 11th - Sun. Dec. 16th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Dec. 11th, 6:00 pm
End: Sunday, Dec. 16th, 4:00 pm
We're partnering up again this year with Canada West Mountain School to offer discount AST-1 Plus courses. By signing up for the VOC's private courses, you get a discount of about 25% off their standard AST-1 Plus price. You can read more about the AST-1 Plus course on CWMG's website. This course will consist of three sessions:
- Tuesday December 11th: 6-9pm Classroom session on UBC campus
- Saturday December 15th, field session in Mount Seymour Provincial Park, no lift pass required (weather dependant)
- Sunday December 16th, field session at Whistler Blackcomb, if you don't have a season's pass, you'll probably need to buy a backcountry pass (~$60) for the lift rides up to the alpine (weather dependant)
To be guaranteed a spot on this trip, you must signup and pay at the link provided. You are responsible for transportation for all sessions. You can use the message board link provided to find rides.