Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Tele School 2019! · Saturday, January 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Vanny Pornsinsiriruk
Start: Saturday, Jan. 12th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jan. 9th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom/outside clubroomDescription:
Are you interested in learning how to free your soul utterly and completely? It's as simple as telemark skiing... at least once you figure out how. Whether you've never skied before ever or are a tele expert, Tele School is a great opportunity to come practice your soul-freeing and free-heeling, or help induct others into our cult community. Not only is tele-skiing incredibly fun and graceful, most of our ski rental fleet is telemark.
This event will take place at Seymour Mountain on the North Shore. Groups will be organized with a teacher based on the following skill levels:
Beginner 1 - You have never skied - or almost never.
Beginner 2 - Know how to do snowplow AND parallel turn on downhill skis, but never telemarked.
Intermediate - Know how to do a telemark turn, and can link them on low angle runs.
Expert - You should help instruct :)
$$: You will need to pay for a lift ticket, and each group will be responsible for paying for their instructor's ticket (they are volunteering their time after all). The tickets will be approximately $65 (your ticket + portion of instructor's ticket- we will know exact amount closer to date), and instructors will be free! Attendance on this trip will be limited by the number of instructors, so the earlier you pay the better your chances are of snagging yourself a spot (if there are no more spots we will not be taking your money).
PAYMENT: You can pay at the pretrip, please bring around $70, I will have change with me (since I have no way of knowing exactly how much payment I need until the pretrip and final going list is determined), or pay after the pretrip in GEAR HOURS.
If you have any questions, I will set up a message board thread, or you are very welcome to email me directly.
Posted: 2018-11-29 12:50:40
Last modified: 2019-01-06 10:50:23