VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Steep Lines at Steep Creek · Fri. Jan. 18th - Sun. Jan. 20th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jan. 18th, 11:00 am
End: Sunday, Jan. 20th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jan. 16th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
EDIT: Date change
The season is shaping up to be a pretty spicy one, and can you think of a better way of raising the heat than a foray to the Duffey. The area I have in mind is surrounded by some pretty delicious lines- couloirs, pillows, and fields of powder that will you feel all tingly. But none of these quite compare to ‘the spine wall’- a wall of chutes and (you guessed it) spines, that require nerves harder than mine to ride.
Because this trip will involve some potentially complex terrain and exploring the area, AST1 is necessary, and you should be able to ski a double black comfortably. It would probably be handy to have some experience skiing steep lines and be comfortable breaking trail through what will hopefully be bottomless pow.
As much as I do ‘love’ winter camping, I’m aiming to stay in a hut up there, but we may have to bring tents if enough people come. The hut is very much so first-come-first-serve, so we should be leaving Friday early afternoon or late morning. not that you should skip class (but you might want to)*. Hopefully we can make it up before the Whistralians do, get our spots down ready for a skin up to see the sunrise from one of the peaks on Saturday morning if its sunny.
Further details will be discussed at the pre-trip meeting. We will iron out details and cars etc. so it will be mandatory.