VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Easter Long Weekend Kayak Loop On The Sunshine Coast · Fri. Apr. 19th - Sun. Apr. 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Apr. 19th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Apr. 21st, 9:00 pm
I'd like to organise a three or four day kayaking trip on the Sunshine Coast. The plan is to start and end in Sechelt and loop through Georgia Strait, Agamemnon Channel and Sechelt Inlet.
If you sign up for this trip, you should be a reasonably experienced kayaker. You should also know how to self rescue or at least be willing to learn (a week or two before the trip we will practice in Burrard Inlet). Given that this is a reasonably ambitious trip, only people who are reasonably strong kayakers will be able to come.
A big obstacle is crossing Skookumchuck Narrows; it is only to safe to cross Skookumchuck Narrows at slack tide. We will aim to cross Skookumchuck Narrows around 7:35 am on Sunday.
It costs about $200 to rent a single kayak for three days, about $240 to rent a single kayak for four days, about $270 to rent a double kayak for three days and about $330 to rent a double kayak for four days from Halfmoon Sea Kayaks in Sechelt. But, Cam, the owner of Halfmoon Sea Kayaks, usually gives VOCers a 20% discount.
The following is our trip itinerary:
Please sign up if you're interested!