VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
VOC - VOCO Joint Trip to Brew · Sat. Mar. 16th - Sun. Mar. 17th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 16th, 8:00 am
End: Sunday, Mar. 17th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Mar. 12th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
Ever wondered what cool things our sister club does in the Okanagan? Ever wanted to meet some cool new outdoorsy people from another university? Ever wanted to ski, sing, eat good backcountry food, drink and party with those people?
This is your chance!
The VOC is doing a joint trip with the Varsity Outdoor Club Okanagan (VOCO) from UBCO up to Brew Hut on the weekend of March 16 and 17! The plan is to have 10 people attend from each club (20 people total) and to fill the hut to the brim (with maybe a few people sleeping outside.
We will likely start hiking from the trailhead around 8 or 9 am on Saturday, March 16 (might be later depending on when the VOCO people arrive - takes 5 hours or so to drive to the trailhead from Kelowna). We will then hike to the hut, maybe ski a few laps on the local peaks, maybe do a cooking competition and hopefully party the rest of the night away.
Sunday will be a relatively early wake up (maybe 8 or 9 am), followed by breakfast, packing up our stuff, maybe skiing a few runs and skiing down to the car. We may aim to be down fairly early because the VOCO people may want to get back to Kelowna earlier than 2am Monday morning. haha
If you are as stoked as I am for this trip, sign up as interested now and keep an eye out for the committed list signup date.