VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Wednesday Night Special: Crosscountry Skiing at the Callaghan Valley · Wednesday, March 6th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Mar. 6th, 3:00 pm
End: Wednesday, Mar. 6th, 11:00 pm
I am interested in going Nordic Skiing at the Callaghan Valley! Nordic skiing (classic and skate) is great for endurance. This is a good trip if you want to improve your endurance like myself and have some fun at the same time.
Tickets are usually $27.50 day pass and around $30 for rentals (skis, boots, poles), but they have a special for Wednesday nights from 3:00pm - 9:00pm where its only $7 night pass and $7 for rentals!
This is a non instructional trip. Therefore, is good for those who already know how to crosscountry ski or already know how to downhill ski. I'd say if you are a competent (intermediate) downhill skier but have never crosscountry skied, you will pick it up fairly quickly.
I am not planning on having a pretrip for this. Correspondence will be done by email. All rides will be sorted out on email. I plan to leave the city no later than 3:00 pm, be at the Callaghan around 5:00 pm, ski until 9:00pm close, and be home around 11:00 pm. Please dress warmly for skiing. Bring a dinner, or purchase at the eatery located at the Callaghan.
***This trip was postponed due to involvement and work with VIMFF***