VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Easter Weekend Smith Rock Climbing Trip!! · Thu. Apr. 18th - Mon. Apr. 22nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Apr. 18th, 8:00 am
End: Monday, Apr. 22nd, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Apr. 3rd, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
Some people have expressed concern with finding a ride if the pretrip is only one or two days before the departure date. As I can't meet during exams, I have rescheduled the pretrip meeting for Wednesday, April 3rd at 7 pm during the last week of classes.
Hopefully that way, we can sort out rides ahead of time and hammer down trip plans (meeting locations and times, evening activities, etc.) as much as possible. Looking forward to seeing you all then!
Smith Rock anyone? I've got 8 days off between my second to last and last exam, and this break just happened to land on Easter Weekend so I thought.......CLIMBING TRIP!!!
The plan is to drive down Thursday or Friday (depending on if you are willing to take an extra day off work or studying) and to return Monday evening. Good Friday is a statutory holiday and many people also take Easter Monday off (although, the Monday is not actually a stat). It's a 9 hour drive each direction so drivers, be prepared. You'll probably have to ask one of your passengers to drive for a portion of the way so that you can sleep.
This is an INTERMEDIATE FRIENDLY trip. It is NOT beginner friendly. If you know how to climb and would like to join us, please do.We will likely split up into our own smaller climbing groups throughout the days but the hope is that we can all hang together at the campground in the evenings and maybe share an Easter feast (potluck) on Saturday or Sunday night!
If you are inexperienced and will need to rely on someone else to do some or all climbing activities, please feel free to come to the pretrip, but know that you will need to find someone who is willing to climb with you (and has the experience you lack). No one is obligated to do so.