VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intermediate Friendly Neve Traverse · Fri. Mar. 29th - Sun. Mar. 31st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Mar. 29th, 6:00 pm
End: Sunday, Mar. 31st, 8:00 pm
I've been wanting to do the neve traverse for the last couple of years and I'm finally setting up a trip to do it! We will start Friday evening from the Elfin lakes parking lot and sleep at Red Heather, or Elfin if we are fast. Second day, we will travel on the neve glacier and make camp on it. Third day we will ski out on the Garibaldi lake and end at the Garabaldi lake parking lot. We will park a car at each parking lot for the transfer after the traverse. This will be a intermediate friendly trip. We will be skiing down the rubble creek switchbacks and skinning/skiing for a total of about 40 km. Its a good idea to be proficient at skiing and skinning in an overnight pack for extended distances and down 30 degree slopes in marginal (icy, rocky, wind-swept) conditions.
-ast1 and gs1 are strongly preferred. We likely won't have to deal with significant avalanche terrain or major crevasse hazards but it is possible.
-we will not be taking more than 10 people including us.
-pretrip meeting will be at a bar instead of campus! It will be at the Wolf and Hound pub on wednesday the 20th at 7PM