VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
VIDEO SHOW: No car? No problem! Bicycle-accessed mountaineering, skiing, and swim-packing in the Pacific Northwest · Thursday, March 28th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Mar. 28th, 7:00 pm
Trailer link: https://youtu.be/JDTbm4upUGw
Join us for a night of storytelling interwoven with videos. Five of us–Elliott, Mirko, Joe, Ilya, and Martin–will share our favorite stories from a series of the self-propelled trips over the last several years, ranging from bike-accessed volcano ski-mountaineering to swimming through the wilds of Vancouver Island’s western lakes. We’ll make it swift, entertaining, and try to explain why we repeatedly strap the gear to our bicycles and pedal towards adventures in mountains.
When: March 28th at 7:00pm (We will start on time)
Room: MCML 166
Youtube link: https://youtu.be/6y148KNP4Vc
Youtube link: https://youtu.be/zXszC_71TzU
Are you interested in what we learned about Vancover Island's old growth forest while planning and doing the swimpacking trip? Come to hear more at the show this Thursday!
*Old-growth forest map courtesy of Sierra Club BC.
Youtube link: https://youtu.be/ZLIhKjogvBg