Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Annual Cheakamus Lake - Rubble Creek Trail Run · Saturday, September 14th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Hannah Jensen
Start: Saturday, Sep. 14th, 8:00 am
Pre-trip meeting location: TBDDescription:
*** You must be very physically fit to participate in this run - it is not beginner-friendly. You must be able to run for 4+ hours through steep, somewhat technical terrain. ***
This is a team based running event. You will need to find a team of up to 5 people with a driver. If you cannot find a team before the pre-trip meeting, you will be placed with an existing team.
A balanced number of teams will start from either side of the traverse (Cheakamus Lake and Rubble Creek). Teams will complete a one way run of ~25 km, trading car keys with an alternate team when you pass each other around the halfway mark. Teams ending at Cheakamus Lake will drive back to Rubble Creek to meet up with everyone else.
This run will take you through some fairly challenging and remote areas so you will need to be prepared for emergency situations. We recommend packing as light as possible, but not skipping out on any essentials. We will go over a gear list at the meeting.
If you have any questions, please contact Hannah Jensen or Michael Stone. Pre-trip meeting date and time TBD.
Please note: if severe rain, cold, or other adverse weather conditions are in the forecast for September 14, we will either modify the run or postpone the event by 1 week.
Posted: 2019-03-18 11:09:43
Last modified: 2019-03-18 14:33:55