VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Bike Touring the Gulf Islands · Mon. May. 27th - Fri. May. 31st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Monday, May. 27th, 8:00 am
End: Friday, May. 31st
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, May. 23rd, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
EDIT: no pre-trip tonight
So I have a 5 day vacation and want to explore the southern Gulf Islands. I haven't planned this in detail yet but the idea is to bike to Tsawassen and take the ferry to Galiano Island and hop around the other islands for a few days on our bikes after that. I plan on camping and doing some hikes here and there as well.
Just so you know, I've never been bike touring before and I'll probably be figuring it out as I go. But hey, it's the first trip I've ever planned where I'm not stressed out about drivers!
If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to email me.
photo from mountainbikingbc.ca