VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
2nd VOC Summer Skinny Dip Challenge · Sat. May. 18th - Mon. Sep. 2nd
Warning: This trip is currently underway!
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, May. 18th
End: Monday, Sep. 2nd
The first VOC Summer Skinny Dip Challenge was held in 2017 in honour of the VOC's 100th birthday celebrations. Back by popular demand, this year we will continue the great VOC tradition of alpine swimming by trying to beat our 2017 records. The challenge is simple:
Can the VOC collectively dip in more than 134 bodies of water between May and September long weekends?
Help your fellow club members achieve this goal by documenting your swim breaks, strategically planning trips around notable bodies of water, and never missing the chance to dip in a tarn.
In addition to the collective satisfaction of accomplishing this goal, there will also be some individual prizes to keep things interesting:
- Most VOCers in the same body of water at the same time (does not need to be on an official VOC trip, but when else are you going to get that many VOCers together?)
- Trip leader with the most dips occurring on their trips (official VOC trips posted to the calendar)
- Trip leader of the most trips on which at least one dip occurred (official VOC trips posted to the calendar)
- Person with the most dips completed (does not need to be on official VOC trips)
- Best dip (totally subjective, could be based on location, trip circumstances, or any other factor. Judged based on your description as submitted to the challenge)
- Submersion up to the shoulders is required. Note that this could be achieved by crouching or laying if the water is shallow.
- Personally, I don’t care much if people complete this challenge fully in their birthday suit or not, but it is called the skinny dip challenge…
- The Pacific Ocean only counts once for the overall challenge or for your individual dip count.
- Hot Springs count. Multiple natural pools in the same springs can be counted separately, but man-made pools and tubs only count once.
- Multiple tarns in the same general vicinity count. Give them each a name in the spreadsheet.
- Try to update the spreadsheet and message board quickly after you return from your dip. Since we are trying to get to 135 different bodies of water, we need to know if you already swam in Brew Lake so that we don’t count it a second time.
- If you are going for the individual prize, you can enter a dip in the spreadsheet even if that body of water has already been entered by anther dipper - it just doesn't count towards the 135 bodies of water main challenge.