VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Canada Day Long Weekend Climbing Trip · Fri. Jun. 28th - Mon. Jul. 1st
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jun. 28th
End: Monday, Jul. 1st
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Jun. 25th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Let's go climb some rocks over the Canada Day long weekend!!
This is an intermediate-friendly sport climbing trip - this is not an instructional event, so you should be self-sufficient, meaning at the very least you:
-Must absolutely already know how to belay and climb safely (Rock 1/Aviary belay test equivalent)
-Should know how to lead climb and then set up and clean your own anchors (OR already have a friend that can do this for you). If you can only top-rope you may be able to find someone at the pre-trip that will be willing to let a newer climber (you!) jump on a few of their climbs after they have a rope set up, but this is not an expectation and they will be doing you a favor if they do so.
Location To Be Decided at the pre-trip meeting depending on weather and where people are interested in going. This trip is intended to be mostly sport climbing/cragging, and because of Canada Day we will have less trouble with crowded campgrounds/crags if we venture into the States. For this reason I have been looking at somewhere in Washington (Mazama (4.5 hr drive), Leavenworth (4.5 hr), or Vantage (5 hr)) but any suggestions and opinions are welcome (if you do have an idea, please come to the meeting with where we could camp near your suggested climbing location).
The general plan would be for people to leave Thursday or Friday evening and return Monday (a stat holiday) or Tuesday depending on the schedules of individual car groups.
Coming to the pre-trip meeting will be mandatory so that we can sort out car and climbing groups, and decide where we want to go.