VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Tolkien Mountain Range scrambles and skinny dipping fun · Sat. Aug. 3rd - Sun. Aug. 4th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 3rd, 10:00 am
End: Sunday, Aug. 4th
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jul. 25th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Club Room
This is a hiking and scrambling extravaganza trip to the Phelix/Brain-Waddington Hut. The idea is we all hike together to the hut on Saturday and either stay at the hut or tent outside by the lake (Check the skinny dip challeng off your list if you need to!). Sunday morning we can do some light scrambling or hiking and either leave Sunday after some mountain fun, or stay an extra night at the lake and hike down Monday, depending on people's interest and work schedule's. We can decide upon which mountains to summit and access at the meeting, (however I am very keen to stand upon a mountain summit and holler at the world below me, if thats something you wish to do as well, join the trip!).
This hike is intended for those who have previous hiking experience and are capable of long hours of challenging trail, but can remain enthusiastic about mountains and don't mind a bit of type two fun!
Please Note that everyone should be self-sufficient with their gear, unless they are sharing a tent or stove or food. Please check out our gear wiki page to see what you may need, and check out our gear room and gear list if you need to supplement your current supply!