VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
High Output Summit Series: Sky Pilot · Sat. Jan. 14th - Sun. Jan. 15th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Lack of experience and difficulty of route
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jan. 14th, 4:00 am
End: Sunday, Jan. 15th, 11:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: By email.
We will be attempting to climb Sky Pilot during the weekend of January 14-15. If you are looking for a high-pain low-gain kind of ridiculous adventure, this is the trip for you! You need to be fit and somewhat familiar with avalanches and mountaineering practices. You also should probably appreciate that the chance of success is rather low, but we want to give it a shot anyways. If anyone wants to give us any beta on the winter route, it would be highly appreciated. If conditions seem unfavorable, we can collectively decide on another awesome summit to attempt.