VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[workhike**] Cutting Rounds at Beeker's Cabin · Sat. Sep. 21st - Sun. Sep. 22nd
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Martin Can't lead it!
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 21st, 5:00 am
End: Sunday, Sep. 22nd, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: TBD - probably just over email
UPDATE SEPT 15: Folks, there have been some life changes on my end in that I'll soon be moving out of B.C. Unfortunately, that means I can no longer lead this trip. If anyone out there is keen to take over as the leader, let me know and I can answer any questions you may have.
The builders of a certain cerished backcountry refuge have made it known that a few extra hands would be welcome for the annual wood restocking. They usually do it on the third or fourth weekend in Septemeber. I met these wonderful people during such a weekend in 2016, and they mentioned keeping up with all the maintenance is getting to be a lot. I'm gauging interest to see if we can get a car load or two (max) together to help them out.
**Although it's marked as a workhike, we'll be providing our own means up, including fuel and such, since this kind of work is not within the VOC's scope of maintenance.
Disclaimer: I've only met the builders once and lost their contact info since. However, the logbooks show this happening every year on either the third or fourth weekend of September. So, there is a chance we would be on our own.
More details to come.