VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Great Central Lake to Buttle lake hiking traverse · Wed. Aug. 28th - Sat. Aug. 31st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Aug. 28th, 8:00 am
End: Saturday, Aug. 31st
Who wants to do a little hiking/scrambling traverse on Vancouver Island? I'd like to take the water taxi on Great Central Lake, hike the Della Falls trail, and then traverse from Love lake to Bedwell lake and drop down to Buttle lake (Map)
I have to be at Strathcona Lodge on Sep 1st so the dates for the traverse would be 28th till 31st. I'm planning on hitch hiking on the road along Buttle Lake, but if we can do this as a two-car trip, have two groups hiking opposite ways and trade keys midway, everything would be much easier.
A link about Della Falls is here