VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
9th annual Womxns Traverse · Sat. Mar. 7th - Sun. Mar. 8th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 7th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Mar. 8th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Mar. 4th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Get ready for the ninth instalation of the annual womxns ski traverse!
The idea is to do a spring ski traverse minus the boys. I would like to do the Powdercap traverse in the brandywine-Callaghan variation (see this trip report) but depending on conditions, group ability and stoke we can also do a different traverse (Brew-Cypress, Spearhead or similar).
This is an advanced/intermediate friendly trip. If you're not sure, the following list suggests useful things to have knowledge with, though perhaps not uber-necessary if you're tough and there are enough experienced folks on the trip:
This trip is highly weather and condition dependent and we might have to cancel or move it if conditions don't cooperate.The going list will also not be determined by signup order. It will be based on previous experience and skill level because this is not a beginner friendly trip.
We will have a pre-trip meeting on Wednesday March 4th at 6:00pm in the club room.
I'm looking forward to head out with you!